Re: splitting a source package into 2 source packages

On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 02:47:51PM -0500, sean finney wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 02:18:19PM -0500, Josh Metzler wrote:
> > I seem to recall hearing that NEW processing is based solely on binary
> > packages, so that the new source package would not need to go through NEW
> > if it creates a binary package that is already in the archive.
> >
> > I couldn't find anything about this through google, though, so it may be
> > best to upload to experimental first and see if your new packages go right
> > in or not.
>
> istr the same thing, and was thinking that this might be the case.
> since i don't suppose the ftp-master illuminati are going to come out
> of hiding just to answer this question, i guess i'll upload, find out,
> and report back :/

Given that some people might find offensive to be compared to
illuminati, I don't think this is the best way to engage the ftp-master.
YMMV.

IIUC, the override file only contains binary packages names, so
renaming/splitting a source package without altering the binaries
packages produced should not need changes to the override file.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.