Re: Why are you guys using user space utilities not written by us that seem to not work? Could you change who is the debian maintainer for us?

Hans,

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 03:22:17PM -0800, Hans Reiser wrote:
> This is the second time that Ed has broken Reiserfs support in Debian,
> and each time it breaks Namesys looks bad, because users have no idea it
> is not us who broke our code.  Thanks to Cliff we now have an idea where
> some mysterious reports of things breaking have their source.

I can't see from the message below that this breakage has anything to do
with Ed's work.  The progsreiserfs package has a separate maintainer; it
also has a release-critical bug open on it due to these known (to us)
problems, and will not be included in the upcoming sarge release.  It also
has not been available in the Debian testing suite for some time, nor is it
included with the Debian installer: anyone who pulls packages from Debian
unstable without looking at any of these issues does so at their own risk.

Incidentally, aside from having had its reiserfs resize support pulled
because it depended on the buggy progsreiserfs implementation, qtparted has
itself also been dropped from testing due to an unrelated RC bug.

Thanks,
--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer