Re: Problems with - and ' in some man-pages

Hi,

thanks to both Clint and you for the help.

In /etc/groff/man.local, I removed the comments in front of:
.  if '\*[.T]'utf8' \
.    char - \N'45'

and removed the negation ! in front of the first condition:
.  if '\*[.T]'utf8' \
.    tr \[oq]'
(I could have removed the condition alltogether)

You made my day! :-)

Eric

Adeodato Simó wrote:
* Eric Lavarde [Sat, 26 Feb 2005 10:04:45 +0100]:

I'm pretty sure, it's somehow due to the fact that I have set LANG=en_IE.UTF-8 (unicode being important of course). Nevertheless, I don't know if it's a problem of the manpage system or of the manpage writers, and how the writers could circumvent/solve the problem. And this information would be useful before I start filing bugs, or!?

  Clint already told you how "writers" cand solve the problem. In the
  meantime, you may find useful the workaround described in the last
  paragraph of /etc/groff/man.local.

--
Gewalt ist die letzte Zuflucht der Inkompetenz.
    Violence is the Last Resort of the Incompetent.