Re: Problems with - and ' in some man-pages

> Nevertheless, I don't know if it's a problem of the manpage system or of
> the manpage writers, and how the writers could circumvent/solve the
> problem. And this information would be useful before I start filing
> bugs, or!?

This is a bug in the manpages themselves.  The unformatted source should
have - for hyphenating normal prose, as in "happy-go-lucky", and \- to
denote the minus signs used as characters on the command line and other
such places.  If the proper groff characters are used, your cut&paste
and searching problems will vanish and everything will look pretty.