Re: the ongoing xfree86 buildd saga

Wouter Verhelst wrote:

>On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 12:41:46PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
>

>>What I'm saying is that once it's cleaned up, I have two options:
>>
>>* ask for my package to be requeued;
>>* do another upload.
>>
>>And I'm almost certain that the latter option is faster, and that the
>>former option will have an unpredictable delay of up to a week.
>>

>What I'm saying is that the delay is likely in cleaning up, not
>necessarily in requeueing. Hence, your upload will likely break again,
>in exactly the same way it did before.

Not necessarily. When I attempted to get mysql-query-browser requeued on
arm two weeks ago, I sent an email to the arm porting list and James
Troup as he is listed the buildd maintainer on
http://www.debian.org/ports/arm/. No response. No comment. Nothing. So
it was faster just to reupload a week later.

- Adam