Clanlib 0.7

  Hi all,

  This is just a note for anyone who's looking for a project.  I was just
trying to compile some software, and it bombed out because I didn't have the
right ClanLib version installed.  I looked into the matter a little, and
found a nearly two-year-old bug (#188449) asking for the library to be
updated to the latest version.

  For people not familiar with it, ClanLib is a moderately popular high-level
game programming library used by a number of different games.  It has had a
tendency to break API compatibility in the past, and it appears that the
latest release is binary and source incompatible, so a lot of recent software
is not compilable on Debian at all.  Because the incompatibility is two-way,
anyone who packages this will have to make allowances for installing both
versions at once.  Unofficial packages are available (see the bug), but will
have to be reviewed for policy compliance and so on.

  And no, of course I don't have time to take care of this myself, or I'd have
done it instead of posting a message here.  It would be great if someone
could get this into sarge, though, or people will be getting frustrating
compile errors on Debian systems (barring a sudden change in how we release)
for years and years to come.

  Daniel

--
/------------------- Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org> ------------------\
|          "Next, consider a circle passing through infinity; that          |