Re: md5 checksum errors in several packages

Thats pretty much what the guy in HEAnet just said to me but the length of the files is the same. He says that the tcp checksums aren't accurate enough for 100% correctness.
I'm emailing him some details now.

cheers,
johno

Ben Armstrong wrote:

John,

Have you considered the possibility that the packages are corrupt due to
truncation which may have happened because you (or your mirror) ran out
of space at some point in the past while downloading these packages?
The package names are late in the alphabet, which might account for why
only these few packages are affected.  Also, the corruption need not
have been recent.  My xpilot package has not changed in a very long
time, which might account for the persistence of a very old one-time
corruption event.

Ben