Re: "The Debian exim 4 packages suck badly" on exim-users@exim.org

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 10:07:11PM +0100, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> * John Hasler
>
>  If you are unsure then you should not use split configuration.
>
> I think the last point sums it up -- use monolithic configuration if
> you don't understand what the question is about.

I've installed exim many many times, and that is absolutely the
first time I believe I have not completely read across the "not".
I found by experience that I disagreed with what I though the
developer was saying (although I guess it turns out that we agree
after all).

It seems to me that we should tell WHAT TO DO if you are
unsure, not what to avoid.

When you compile a kernel and check the help on a module, you'll
never find "If unsure, don't say Y."  Something to think about...

Don

--
Don Bindner <dbindner@truman.edu>