Re: "The Debian exim 4 packages suck badly" on exim-users@exim.org

Blunt Jackson writes:
> I'm still not sure I understand it, but at for now I have it
> working). There was a substantial amount of hair pulling and cursing due
> to the disparity between what I saw on my hard drive and what I saw in
> the online documentation.

Why were you not referring to the Debian documentation?  It has been (or
should have been) edited to reflect the "Debian way".

> domainlist local_domains = DEBCONFlocal_domainsDEBCONF
> How do I figure out where that DEBCONF stuff is coming from? What it
> means?

I suspect that those DEBCONF strings are flags for the debconf package
configuration system which should have been run during installation at
which point it would have set up the config for you after asking you some
questions.  Either there is a bug or you did something strange.
--
John Hasler