Re: New version of ipsec-tools

Hi Ganesan,

rganesan@debian.org wrote:

Hi,

I have taken over as maintainer of ipsec-tools. I'll be soon uploading
ipsec-tools 0.5rc2 to unstable, skipping version 0.4 (0.3.3 is the latest
version in Debian). I would really like to get 0.5 into sarge because there
have been many enhancements to ipsec-tools (for e.g. NAT-T support, Dead
Peer Detection, support for PlainRSA keys for easy migration from FreeSWAN,
Hybrid authentication). This is also the first release that supports Linux
kernel versions 2.6.10 and above (FWD policy support).

Does it have the fixes for the incorrect isakmp source address when
using the listen directive and also the HUP fix when using the
listen directive? These make the listen directive work and useful :)

Patches on both these bugs:

Both are quite straightforward and are needed to allow a floating
ipsec gateway address (for firewall failover config with heartbeat).

If they're in there i'll test the packages for you.

~mc