Re: please post listing and status of NEW queue

Anibal Monsalve Salazar <anibal@v7w.com> writes:

> On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 02:50:27PM -0500, Joe Nahmias wrote:
>>Package: ftp.debian.org
>>Severity: wishlist
>>
>>Hello ftp-masters,
>>
>>It would be nice if there were a webpage (updated eg. once a day)
>>listing the packages in the NEW queue in (roughly) the order they will
>>be processed in.  Perhaps also the last 10-15 packages that were acted
>>on and the date of the action, so that it is easier to estimate the wait
>>time in NEW.
>
> http://qa.debian.org/~anibal/debian-NEW.html

There is also

http://developer.skolelinux.no/~pere/debian-NEW.html

but the QA page is more colorfull.

> The above page is based on previous work done by Peter Reinholdtsen.
>
> It still work in progress.
>
> Any input is welcome.

It would be nice if there were a link to download the deb (from the
maintainer or upsream, not from NEW). But I'm not sure how that could
be acomplished nicely.

>>I would be happy to work on such a thing, given appropriate access.
>>
>>One idea might be to have a BTS pseudo-package that would list all the
>>pkgs in NEW as bugs...maybe this is overkill though.

Someone mentioned that checking out the package takes quite some time
so it might be worth investigating something like what the NM team
does for the DAM, screen the packages and create a report for
ftp-master to act upon. A New-Packages team.

>>--Joe
>
> Regards,
>
> Anibal Monsalve Salazar

Just my 2c.