Re: what is /.udev for ?

On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 19:14 +0100, Lech Karol Pawłaszek wrote:
> On Thursday 10 of February 2005 18:22, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> > On Feb 10, Lech Karol Paw?aszek <ike@kni.univ.szczecin.pl> wrote:
> > > Well... not really... it's something like this:
> > > "I don't know much about cars, just how to drive one. I looked under the
> > > hood, and there were all the messy wires everywhere. And I remember, that
> > > one of them wasn't there when i looked there last time, so I cut this one
> > > out."
> >
> > OK. People who do this are still morons.
> To be honest - i don't care what you think about people who "cut extra wire
> from their car". They can be morons or whoever they want to be. I would point
> out that one might be suprised that a hidden directory appeared in his/hers
> root directory. What happens next? Well. One could think something like "i've
> been compromised"  and do a fast remove. Cut and end of the story.
> Anyway. I know it's a little bit far-fetched story, but it happens sometimes.

"Ready! Fire! Aim!" can have disastrous results.

"Yoshihiro Hattori was shot to death when he knocked on the door
of Peairs' house, mistaking it for the site of a Halloween party."

If you are concerned that your box has been breached:
- pull the Ethernet cable
- turn it off
- go to another computer and start Googling

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"What has a tiny brain, a big mouth, and an opinion nobody cares
about? You!"
from Murphy Brown