Re: OpenOffice2 on Debian

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 08:16 +0100, Rene Engelhard wrote:

> Drew Parsons wrote:
> > I have gotten 1.9.74 to work on Debian unstable relatively easily:
> >
> Umm. Why don't you use the debs we get as the output of upstreams
> builsystem directly? :) They have been announced some days ago:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-openoffice/2005/01/msg00257.html. Look at
> http://people.debian.org/~halls/openoffice/test/ooo1.9-java/.

> (m73 so far, though)

There, you've answered your question yourself :)

When I last checked, they didn't run (some problem in 1.9.69 I think,
even though 1.9.65 worked). I didn't see the recent announcement and
forgot to check the latest build.

But the point of the exercise is to get the latest possible version,
which is what openoffice.org's rpms provide.

> "Normal" debs are worked on also...

I will be glad when they are available :)

Drew