Re: list what's in the NEW queue?

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 05:45:56AM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > >  And while we are on the subject, what's with NEW not being
> > > processed? Or are we again in the usual "I'll process any package
> > > that I feel like processing" situation?
>
> > Is it not just that there's too few hands to do the processing?
>
> > Recently our DPL assigned extra man-power to the "New Maintainers Front
> > Desk" and to the "Debian Account Managers" and with very good results,
> > for what I know. It would be great if he would assign more people to
> > process the NEW queue as well (in context hereto - do all current
> > members of ftp-masters process the NEW queue?).
>
> Increasing the rate at which new packages flow into unstable is NOT
> something that should be a priority when we're trying to get the RC bug
> count down in preparation of a release.  Show me that there are enough
> people working on release-critical issues for sarge, which requires no
> imprimatur from the DPL, before you start throwing packages that have never
> even been tested by their maintainer at us faster than we already get them.

Ok. So maybe ftp-masters shouldn't accept NEW packages, but accept new
binary packages (from existing source). This would allow me to close some
"unfortunatelly" non-critical bugs, and improve overall sarge quality.

I'm sure that I'm not the only one waiting for approval of splitted
packages.

This way we're back to the NEW queue discussion and some automatic checks
for packages which only incorporate new binary ones.

regards
fEnIo
--
  ,''`.  Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@debian.org | pgp:0x13fefc40 | IRC:fEnIo
 : :' :       32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Polska