Re: list what's in the NEW queue?

Op do, 03-02-2005 te 15:44 +0100, schreef Frederik Dannemare:
> On Thursday 03 February 2005 14:45, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > Increasing the rate at which new packages flow into unstable is NOT
> > something that should be a priority when we're trying to get the RC
> > bug count down in preparation of a release.  Show me that there are
> > enough people working on release-critical issues for sarge,
>
> You're probably right there's not.

Parse error.

> > which
> > requires no imprimatur from the DPL, before you start throwing
> > packages that have never even been tested by their maintainer at us
> > faster than we already get them.
>
> I see your point if it is really the case that uploads are being done
> without proper testing from the maintainer himself/herself.

His point is still valid even if all maintainers do proper testing. You
can't be expected as a maintainer to be able to test /every/ possible or
impossible situation in which a package could be used. And then I'm not
even talking about packages that should conflict with eachother but
don't, because the maintainer of the new package didn't know that a file
in his package happens to have the same name as a different file in a
completely unrelated package...

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks