Re: apply to NM? ha!

Helen Faulkner wrote:
> Please don't CC me.
> I am on this list, and I therefore did not request to be CCd.
>
> Russell Coker wrote:

[...]

For those of you who don't know Rusty has a fine collection of flames (and other silly messages) written to some very skillful Linux programmers. You can write excellent code and be nice and still get flamed a lot. This is just something you have to deal with.

Children have problems with this sort of thing, adults are supposed to be able to deal with it.

Hmm, maybe you think that behaviour like Rusty's is very adult then.

It's been pointed out to me (thanks) that I might have misinterpreted Russell's comments when I assumed he means that Rusty is the author of the fine collection of flames. I'm sorry if I have misunderstood that. Of course, being the unfortunate target of other people's flames is neither childish nor unreasonable, though it is possibly not actually much fun for Rusty and others.

Helen.