Re: policy-rc.d confusion (was: not starting packages at boot)

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 11:03:16 -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
<hmh@debian.org> wrote:
>On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Marc Haber wrote:
>> So policy-rc.d needs to be in /usr/local, or we have a FHS violation.
>
>Please request that we enhance invoke-rc.d to look on /usr/local first,
>then (through a wishlist bug).  Looks like a good idea at first glance.

invoke-rc.d is part of at least two packages, so the "search path
infrastructure" fits best into its own package containing an
alternative for /usr/sbin/policy-rc.d.

That shouldn't be hard to do, and I filed an ITP for an appropriate
package.

Greetings
Marc