Re: apply to NM? ha!

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 05:40:18PM -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Brett Parker dijo [Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 10:38:23AM +0000]:
> > > and don't bother replying, i've unsubbed from this list. get on with
> > > your lives and ignore this if you can't/won't deal with it - i don't
> > > want to deal with people that will waste my time for their petty little
> > > politics.
> >
> > Please please *PLEASE* tell me that people like this get through NM... I
> > don't think I could cope with it. Looking at the IRC log, I'm not
> > entirely sure what the problem is.
>
> I don't know (and don't want to, don't point me to it ;-) ) who
> advocated a person with such a delicate skin to enter NM. I mean, NM
> is for people who are _already_ somewhat involved in Debian... And if
> a little aggressivity puts you off that badly, then...

I can understand getting pieved by the aggresiveness, some of the time,
but in this case, I couldn't see any direct aggresiveness *except* from
him. I do not appreciate reading a list of explitives just because
someone has had a bad time and think they are being dealt with unfairly.
Yes, I've probably made this mistake myself before now, but generally
not in a public mailing list, and certainly not by declaring an entire
group of loosely coupled developers quite so many names (Microsofts
development team excluded here, they knew what they were letting
'emselves in for).

There are better ways to convey ones meaning, in a more positive and
thus more widely read and understood manner. I wonder if he actually
knows any debian developers in real life. The (relatively) few that I
have (had the pleasure to have) met have tended to be very curteous and
polite most of the time.

One day I might actually get round to applying, until then I'll stick
with just the xmms-scrobbler package and my friendly uploader.

Thanks,
--
Brett Parker