Re: not starting packages at boot

On 2005-01-24 Marc Haber <mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de> wrote:
[...]
> Last time I looked, invoke-rc.d was not yet a requirement to be used
> by packages. As far as I remember, it is for sarge, but not for woody
> and thus unuseable on woody, right?
[...]

There are almost no packages in woody which make use of invoke-rc.d
in their maintainer scripts (klisa bering the only exeption on my
woody system when I used woody, iirc), in sarge the situation is a lot
better (I submitted wishlist bug-reports against all daemon packages I
was using then and only the one against at, #162677, is still open) but
not using invoke-rc.d is no rc-bug for sarge afaik.
                 cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"
                                           http://downhill.aus.cc/