Re: NPTL support in 2.4 kernel series?

Martin Kittel writes,

> Still, judging from everything I read so far, it seems that I am the only one
> with such a strict view of dependency handling, so if nobody comes up with
> support for my point of view, I will not add the dependency but go for the
> debconf solution instead.

For what it might be worth (IANADD), I would support Martin's point of
view.

> What's the use of package management if you don't go all the way?

The question seems sensible.  I would respectfully ask the same
question.  The existing kernel practice does seem to allow some room for
improvement, at least in theory.  Martin illustrates why.  Does Martin
not make a valid point?