NPTL support in 2.4 kernel series?

Hi,

I am maintaining the packages of the MaxDB database system.

Recently upstream has converted the database kernel from linuxthread-style threading to NPTL. While -at least for i386- linuxthreads is still supported in MaxDB at this time, it will go away in one of the next releases. As far as I know there is no NPTL support in 2.4 debian kernels (as for example in some RedHat 2.4 kernels). Is that correct? In that case I will have to add a dependency on kernel-image-2.6 or does anyone know of a better way to express a dependency on NPTL style threading?

Thanks for your help,

Martin.