changing architecture from any to all

If one changes the architecture of a package from "any" to "all" but
makes no change to the package name, does this require any special
manual intervention, or would an upload that makes such a change go
through as quickly as a normal upload would go through?  Hypothetical
situation: a compiled executable gets replaced with a shell script.
Real situation: an architecture-dependent library packages gets
replaced by an architecture-independent dummy transitional package.

As far as I can tell from my own experiments, the override file does
not know anything about this, and apt-get upgrade/dist-upgrade are
happy to upgrade a package whose architecture status has changed.  I
just want to double check to avoid an unnecessary delay in planning a
package transition.  Thanks!

--
Jay Berkenbilt <ejb@ql.org>
http://www.ql.org/q/