gnome-pilot: is it a way to make this work?

Hi...

I've discovered that gnome-pilot doesn't work at all with my palm (zire
31, but I guess that it doesn't matter). It works ok with pilot-xfer and
jpilot, but gnome-pilot just timeouts forever.

I was going to fill a bug report, but there are lots of (important) them!!

I've straced (with -f) gpilotd-control-applet and there are __NOT__ any
open() of the pilot device, just an access() that success. I've tried to
dig a bit in the sources, but gnome is too complex for me :(

Is this program working at all for somebody? If not, it shouldn't go to
sarge.

Can we make this working in some way?

Regards,
--