Re: changing architecture from any to all

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005, Jay Berkenbilt wrote:

> If one changes the architecture of a package from "any" to "all" but
> makes no change to the package name, does this require any special
> manual intervention, or would an upload that makes such a change go
> through as quickly as a normal upload would go through?

It would go as quickly as a normal upload. (Or maybe even quicker, as
it is built for 11 architectures "instantly" :-)

The things that need changes in the override file are changes in the
source package name, changes in any of the binary package names, or
addition of new binary packages.

If you want to see a recent experiment, I changed a package to be
"Architecture: all" very recently and nothing special happened. See:

http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/c/cd-circleprint

for example.