Re: If *-module depends on *-utils, should *-source recommend it?

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 12:26:31PM +0100, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> It would also break serialisation, as one would need to give a list of
> packages to install to dpkg all at once or in the correct serialisation,
> and no longer (with exception of configure cycles) beeing able to give
> them in whatever sequence as one is pleased to do.

The current behavior should be available as a -force option if it is
needed, not the default.

I don't value the things you are doing *at all*.  Or else I'd just use
Redhat.

Again, if this really isn't the right thing for dpkg to do, fine, let
apt install individual packages, and I'll avoid calling dpkg directly
like the plague for the exact same reasons I don't want to use Redhat.