Re: binaries for different architectures in debian packages

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 10:55:21PM +0100, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Bottom line: I still think that it would be a good idea to be able to
> install different architectures within debian.

i believe that you can try already, with dpkg by using
--force-architecture and --root=dir.  this way you could use the standard
packages used by the native architectures, as long as the maintainer
scripts in question don't call any architecture-specific binaries provided
by the package.

	sean