Re: PHP application packaging policy/best practice?

Hi,

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:20:03 +0100, Pierre Habouzit
<pierre.habouzit@m4x.org> wrote:

> as a php web app packager, I should say that the policy is a real mess,
> since there is no policy (and I really hope to become a DD soon, in
> order to work on one with other interested people).

Sign me up. I'm somewhere around DAM report.

> IMHO, web apps should be installed in /usr/share/*appname*/

Agree; it seems that most of the responses boil down to that. The next
question then is; what do you do with the tree under
/usr/share/appname? I need .php files (files which are accessible by
the PHP interpreter), .plib files (my own extensions; php files meant
to be included; not served by apache), and possibly datafiles which
are peristent over sessions. Right now, I am leaning to using

/usr/share/appname/php
/usr/share/appname/lib
/var/lib/appname

-Kees