Re: PHP application packaging policy/best practice?

Le Mar 11 Janvier 2005 23:10, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh a écrit :
> On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> > as a php web app packager, I should say that the policy is a real
> > mess, since there is no policy (and I really hope to become a DD
> > soon, in order to work on one with other interested people).
>
> You don't have to. In fact, you should try your best to work in such
> stuff BEFORE applying to become a DD, because that will probably make
> your final aproval that much easier (all other things being equal).

in fact I'm already waiting for that approval.

and the other point is that I've not found any place where people want
to talk about web apps packaging.

a place not too crowded (debian-devel is really not the place).

I would be really really happy if a web based app and related list could
be created. but I thought I needed to be DD to ask sth like that.

The fact is, that I have php skills/knowledges, mysql skills/knowledges,
but I do not know perl enough, nor python, nor pgsql at all, and it's
hard to pretend knowing how to write such a policy. And it appears to
me that gathering the 3p-people (perl/python/php) is really a vain
hope...

But any proof I'm wrong is welcome !
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit