Re: MPEG in general Was: Is anyone packaging `lame' ?

* Chris Cheney

| Its all encumbered, there is a separate organization MPEG-LA that
| strictly deals with the licensing. It is quite surprising to me that
| ffmpeg was allowed into main.

According to rumors I heard, it was allowed in since other
applications (xine at least, I think) already included it.  So it
didn't really make a difference -- if we're infringing on patents with
ffmpeg, we are with xine as well.

(Apologies if xine is not the package I'm thinking about.)

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-