Re: Ignoring the truth or Hiding problems? (was: Are mails sent to xxxx <at> buildd.debian.org sent to /dev/null ?)

Ingo Juergensmann <ij@2005.bluespice.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 02:59:29PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
>> Does the new address bring with it a more constructive attitude towards
>> volunteers who have contributed countless hours over the years to keeping
>> this project running, or should I plan to killfile this one as well?
>
> So you decided to play a "my volunteer work is worth more than your
> volunteer work" game? When you do feel annoyed by me, why do you still reply
> to my mails? Trolling attitude of yours...

I believe Steve's volunteer work to be worth more than your volunteer
work. Now, you're welcome to point out that I'm guilty of hypocrisy
here, since I complained about your abuse of volunteers. But you've done
so while continuing to expect them to provide you with useful services,
whereas I expect nothing useful from you whatsoever.

There is a line at which someone who is volunteering their time and
effor is doing so in such a way that they take up more of other people's
time than they save. You've crossed that line, and you show no signs
whatsoever of wanting to get back on the correct side of it. As a
project, Debian owes you nothing. If you're not going to make a
sufficiently useful contribution to outweigh your character flaws, then
it's better for you to make no contribution whatsoever.

Unless you're a FPAV fan, please don't Cc: me.
--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.devel@srcf.ucam.org