Re: libtiff: 4 left (was: libtiff: only 7 packages left!)

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 12:23:28PM -0400, Jay Berkenbilt wrote:

> .... three hours later ....

> I'm not going to have time to finish this analysis for several hours.

> The following packages still show up as having Depends (not
> Build-Depends) on libtiff3g or libtiff3g-dev:

> advi 1.4.0-7

Appears to be broken source that doesn't get rebuilt by autobuilders.

> dx 1:4.3.2-2

Possibly the same problem, though it's been built on enough
architectures that the problem is probably elsewhere.

> gnobog 0.4.3-2

Waiting on jadetex fix; this package may be removed from sarge to allow
the libtiff transition through, if it's not ready in time (this applies
for any of the packages that had broken fixes uploaded, really).

> grass 5.0.3-5

Bug already reopened.

> ivtools 1.1.3-3

Right, a depends: on the wrong -dev package.

> k3d 0.4.2.0-1

Not in sarge, won't delay the transition.

> libimager-perl 0.42-1

This version has already been superseded by an NMU.

> pinball 0.3.1-2

This version has already been superseded by 0.3.1-3, appears to be
fixed.

> pixieplus 0.5.4-2

Not in sarge, won't delay the transition.

So the packages that really need to be worried about are:

 advi
 dx
 ivtools
 grass
 gnobog

The libtiff transition is also tied up with an ocaml transition because
of camlimages, but the ocaml team seem to have that well under control.
And the whole thing also has to wait for gcc-3.3/3.4 of course, which
should be fixed within 2-3 days if there are no further hang-ups.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer