Re: testing and no release schedule

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 09:20:26PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 08:03:39PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> > The RC bugs were there at the time the removal was requested, though, so
> > this is not an example of what ajt mentioned as a possible mistake.
>
> Theree was one RC bug that was fixed four weeks ago, but the package is
> still hinted for removal.
>
> It might be removed from testing any day without this being the fault of
> the package.

Martin has answered this. If a fixed version makes it into testing, all
well and good.

(And let's stop talking about "fault". Our job here is to build a better
distribution, not to assign blame.)

> I said in a PM before you sent the current release schedule:
>
> <--  snip  -->
>
> One small addition for your release schedule:
>
> Before Beta 5:
> Handle not-fulfillable dependencies for contrib and non-free packages in
> the testing scripts.
>
> <--  snip  -->
>
> Since I didn't got an answer:
>
> Is a proper handling of non-fulfilled dependencies and not rebuilt
> non-free and contrib packages in the testing scripts expected until this
> date, or is it wanted that the testing scripts effectively cause a half
> removal of contrib and non-free from Debian 3.1?

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2004/debian-release-200402/msg00065.html

I have no information beyond that, although IIRC aj acknowledged it on
IRC.

Binaries in contrib and non-free that don't get rebuilt for random
architectures should be, and AIUI will be, removed.