Re: testing and no release schedule

On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 10:19:36PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 11:34:11PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > Every package on http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical is a candidate
> > for removal. A list of such packages is posted to debian-devel-announce
> > regularly. I don't believe any of those packages are being removed within
> > a few weeks' of an RC bug being filed unless the maintainer specifically
> > asks otherwise; if that's not the case, it's probably a mistake and I'd
> > be interested to see any examples.
>
> Today, update_excuses says
>
>      * -sleuthkit (1.61-4 to -)
>           + Removal request by cjwatson
>           + Package is broken, will try to remove
>
> I see exactly 0 open RC bugs against sleuthkit.

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2004/debian-release-200403/msg00019.html

To be more exact, update_excuses.html says:

  -sleuthkit (1.61-4 to -)
      Removal request by cjwatson
      Package is broken, will try to remove
  sleuthkit (1.61-4 to 1.68-2)
      Maintainer: Mattia Monga
      25 days old (needed 10 days)
      Removal request by cjwatson
      Trying to remove package, not update it
      out of date on mips: sleuthkit (from 1.61-4)
      out of date on mipsel: sleuthkit (from 1.61-4)
      Not considered

If the mips and mipsel builds are added then I'll gladly let the fixed
version in.

BTW, the name of the person filing the removal request is there so that
you can ask them about it if you disagree.