Re: Moshe Zadka <moshez@debian.org> is MIA ?

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 02:50:43PM +0000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Kenneth Pronovici <pronovic@debian.org> [2004-03-03 00:19]:
> > Hrm.  Well, a check over the bug list does show that Moshe has not
> > responded to any bugs since 14 May 2003.  He hasn't been seen by
> > db.debian.org at all recently.  And, he's got unacknowledged NMUs for
> > roughly half his packages.  I guess that meets my definition of MIA.
> >
> > Anyone disagree?
>
> I agree in principle; he hasn't maintained his package well at all for
> months, has admitted lack of time, but has not actually done anything
> about it.  However, he was on IRC just the other day so I'd rather
> give him a chance to respond and give up some packages on his own
> rathing than orphaning them for him.

Martin, as I've mentioned in other replies to this thread, I really
don't care what happens to the rest of Moshe's packages, other than
Epydoc.  If -qa wants to let him keep them, it doesn't bother me.  If I
don't have to be involved, that's even better - I've already spent too
much effort dealing with Moshe up to this point.

In any case, I wouldn't have even volunteered to orphan all of his
packages if I hadn't mis-read the developer's reference, so I apologize
for that.

> Note that he's upstream for some of them (at least pms and zwm).

In that case, perhaps it's not worth orphaning them.

> BTW, my wnpp-orphan script takes Uploaders: into account
> (http://cvs.debian.org/mia/?cvsroot=qa).

Yep, I did find that, thanks.

KEN

--