Re: Python modules w/#! lines... Lintian overrides?

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 10:22:20AM -0600, Chad Walstrom wrote:
>      2. LINTIAN WARNS ABOUT NON-EXECUTABLE SCRIPT FOR *.py FILES.  This,
>         I think is an error in Lintian with regards to modules in
>         /usr/lib/pythonX.Y/ directories.  I'll likely be adding
>         lintian overrides files for these warnings.
>
> [What is debian-devel concensus about this?]

Lintian is wrong.  Users are not expected to execute things in /usr/lib,
hence no execution permission bit is needed.

Please file a bug against lintian.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |       Psychology is really biology.
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       Biology is really chemistry.