Python modules w/#! lines... Lintian overrides?

I wrote:
> I've uploaded the python templating engine, cheetah, to experimental.

It looks like the mirrors caught up finally.  I can actually say it is
"in" experimental now. ;-)  There are a few lintian bugs I've been
working on already.

     1. NO MANPAGE FOR CHEETAH AND CHEETAH-COMPILE.  I've asked the
        cheetah team for a manpage, but I can hack one together to get
        rid of that error before uploading -2.

     2. LINTIAN WARNS ABOUT NON-EXECUTABLE SCRIPT FOR *.py FILES.  This,
        I think is an error in Lintian with regards to modules in
        /usr/lib/pythonX.Y/ directories.  I'll likely be adding
        lintian overrides files for these warnings.

[What is debian-devel concensus about this?]

     3. update-alternatives IN postrm.  I've fixed this in the -2
        version; moved it to prerm.  Soon to be uploaded.

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 07:04:21AM -0800, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> I was just about to start packaging this myself.  Thanks for taking
> care of this.

No problem.  I can use any suggestions you might have.

There will be a separate cheetah-doc package in the making that'll hold
the tutorials and manuals.  I'll report the ITP soon.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/