Re: Hijacking ITPs ?

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 07:56:02PM +0100, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> if there's an ITP out there which hasn't seen any action (AFAIK
> anyway), how long (after trying to contact the ITP's author) would you
> wait until you decide to go ahead and package the program yourself?
>
> Personally, I'd lean towards "one week" or so...

Email the original ITP author and give him/her a week.  If you don't get
a response, go ahead and hijack it.  Wait one more week and upload your
packages.

A two week lee-way is more than enough.

(Chad quickly recompiles gnats and uploads the new adopted version.)

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/