Re: Hijacking ITPs ?

On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 09:38:04AM +0100, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Robert Collins:
> > > it doesn't time out the passphrase;
> > > it cannot use X11 when asking for the passphrase.
> > Sure it does.
> >
> Oops, sorry, I totally overlooked these. My fault, though the author
> should document their use of certain environment variables.
>
> Like, for instance, $DISPLAY.  :-/
>
> Pulling my foot out of my mouth now ...

Don't blame yourself for the negligence of people who don't bother to
write proper manpages.

.SH ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variables affect the execution of
.BR quintuple\-agent :
.TP
DISPLAY
If set, the X server running at the value of this variable is contacted,
and an X client spawned to prompt the user for the passphrase.

The above patch is just an example, and may not be correct, as I haven't
yet played with quintuple-agent.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    The first thing the communists do
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    when they take over a country is to