Re: CVSWeb: update to FreeBSD CVSWeb...

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 04:44:04AM +0800, James Bromberger wrote:

> Just before I do it...
>
> I'm looking at adopting the cvsweb package, currently on Henner Zeller's
> CVSweb (formerly at http://stud.fh-heilbronn.de/~zeller/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/,
> now disappeared from there) last updated in 2001 or 2002, with the
> FreeBSD CVSWeb (http://www.freebsd.org/projects/cvsweb.html) which is
> a fork from Henner Zeller's CVSweb, and under current development.
>
> So, is there any issues if I adopt this package and update it to the
> FreeBSD fork? Currently the version of the old one is old, and the
> comments in the current package and bug reports indicate that it should
> be replaced with viewcvs (implemented in python, IIRC).
>
> If everyone is happy with this, I'll complete the adoption and upload
> my new package this weekend:
> 	http://www.james.rcpt.to/misc/cvsweb_2.9.1-1_all.deb

Hello,

I am not a DD, but i think your proposition is a good one ( i don't have
test your package though ). I visited the freebsd fork page and i think
it is pretty usable ( just as the old one, but this one is maintained ).

Just a question : why do you go directly to the unstable version of
freebsd's cvsweb ?

Go ahead and good luck

Kind regard
Sylvain LE GALL