Re: Documentation-based solution for lm-sensors mess, pass one

Christoph Hellwig wrote:
>On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 01:42:58PM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
>> (For instance, is there going to be a compatible i2c modules in the 2.4
>> kernel tree for 2.4.24?... it didn't *look* like it, but if so, a lot of
>> this needs to be made even more complicated, and I'll be happy to do so.)
>
>-ENONATIVESPEAKER :)  Sorry, but what do you mean with the above
>paragraph?  If there will be support for 'new' (aka incomatible to
>everything else) modules in 2.4.24?
Yes, I want to know if that will happen.  You implied that it would not
happen.

I also want to know if a "magic fix" version will happen: kernel modules which
don't break anything else, but are compatible with 'new' lm-sensors.  I doubt
that, but if there is a "magic fix" version, that should certainly be
documented.  :)