Re: handling bugs of udev

* Nico Golde

| > If you read RTFM as «Fuck off and die, loser», rather than «Please,
| > this is documented in the obvious place.  Go read the manual and then
| > come back if you still have any questions», then I think you need to
| > grow a thicker skin.  RTFM is not an offensive reply, particularly not
| > to something which is clearly documented.
|
| yes you are right, but if i have a look on other replies on
| bugs by marco i think fuck off is his choice of words.

I beg to differ.  He might not use the word «please» very often, but
I don't remember seeing any bug comments from him being very flamy.

| > It's not a bug, it's a configuration choice.  You need to configure
| > your system if you're not happy with the default configuration.
| > Different packages have different default configurations.
|
| i think this default sucks.

You have the right to that opinion, but since it's Md's package, he
gets to choose.  (Unless he's overridden, but let's not go down that
path.)

| wishlist bug would be better.  then he has the possibility to mark
| as wontfix.

wontfix wishlist bugs will just be clutter in the BTS and the
maintainer is free to close such.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-