Re: handling bugs of udev

* Nico Golde

| Hello Ian,
|
| * Ian Campbell <ijc@hellion.org.uk> [2004-12-20 23:25]:
| > On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 17:05 +0100, Nico Golde wrote:
| > > what should people think who are new to debian and send a bug report
| > > and they will get an rtfm?
| >
| > Heaven forbid that they should think "ah, the issue I have reported is
| > documented in the manual, perhaps I will read it".
|
| maybe but i think you can do it with other words.

If you read RTFM as «Fuck off and die, loser», rather than «Please,
this is documented in the obvious place.  Go read the manual and then
come back if you still have any questions», then I think you need to
grow a thicker skin.  RTFM is not an offensive reply, particularly not
to something which is clearly documented.

| and of course i read it, but i think closing the bug isnt the right
| way just becaus of it is a known problem.  regards nico

It's not a bug, it's a configuration choice.  You need to configure
your system if you're not happy with the default configuration.
Different packages have different default configurations.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-