Re: [volatile] status update

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 05:05:28PM +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:
> there has been some silent work on the volatile archive. Now, the
> archive is ready to have some packages uploaded.

Maybe I'm a little late, but I have some concerns with the name.

>From WordNet (r) 2.0 (August 2003) [wn]:

  volatile
      adj 1: evaporating readily at normal temperatures and pressures;
             "volatile oils"; "volatile solvents" [ant:
             {nonvolatile}]
      2: liable to lead to sudden change or violence; "an explosive
         issue"; "a volatile situation with troops and rioters
         eager for a confrontation" [syn: {explosive}]
      3: marked by erratic changeableness in affections or
         attachments; "fickle friends"; "a flirt's volatile
         affections" [syn: {fickle}]
      4: tending to vary often or widely; "volatile stocks";
         "volatile emotions"

Does anyone really want software on their system that meets any of those
definitions?  It's even scarier sounding than "unstable" or
"experimental"...

--
For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!