Re: patch to update-rc.d

In article <[🔎] 20041220201920.GA1336@gaia.home>,
Rajesh Deo  <rajeshdeo@earthlink.net> wrote:
>On 12:13 Mon 20 Dec     , John Hasler <jhasler@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> Rajesh writes:
>> > That was my initial reaction too, I only wanted a simple option within
>> > update-rc.d to list current configuration quickly.
>>
>> Try 'sysvconfig --listlinks'.
>> --
>> John Hasler
>
>Interesting, I will take a look at it. It doesn't do
>something like 'sysvconfig --listlinks apache2' though. Also
>it seems to ignore multiple links and rcS.d (man page says its
>deliberate, why?).
>
># From list-rc.d -l anacron
>anacron     -    -    -   (K11,S89) (K11,S89) (K11,S89) (K11,S89)  -
>
># From sysvconfig --listlinks | grep anacron
>anacron              -   -  S89 S89 S89 S89  -
>
>Also list-rc.d or the patch to update-rc.d will show boot order in
>a given runlevel properly sorted.
>
>Thanks for pointing it out, I will be looking at sysvconfig,
>sysv-rc-conf and the sysvrc file mentioned by Miquels. I will still like
>to keep the changing of links to update-rc.d.

The sysvrc file I mentioned, saveconfig, is not very sophisticated
but the output looks like this:

$ perl saveconfig
ssh start 20 2 3 4 5 . stop 20 0 1 6 .
makedev start 20 2 3 4 5 . stop 20 0 1 6 .
modutils start 20 S .
procps.sh start 30 S .

Note that you can use the output directly as command line args
to update-rc.d, which is probably a good idea ...

Mike.