RFP: autossh - Automatically restart SSH sessions and tunnels
- Autossh is a program to start a copy of ssh and monitor it, restarting
it as necessary should it die or stop passing traffic. The idea is from
rstunnel (Reliable SSH Tunnel), but implemented in C.
- The author's view is that it is not as fiddly as rstunnel to get to work.
- Connection monitoring using a loop of port forwardings.
- Backs off on rate of connection attempts when experiencing rapid
failures such as connection refused.
- Compiled and tested on OpenBSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X, Cygwin, and
AIX; should work on other BSDs.
More Infos see:
Freeware (Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or
without modification, are freely permitted)