Bug#285707: ITP: quodlibet -- audio library manager and player for GTK+
* Package name : quodlibet
Version : 0.7
Upstream Author : Joe Wreschnig <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* URL : http://www.sacredchao.net/~piman/software/quodlibet.shtml
* License : GNU GPL
Description : audio library manager and player for GTK+
Quod Libet is a music player based around searching your audio library
based on the values of the tags in it. It supports MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC,
and tracked (MOD/XM/IT) audio formats. Features include:
- A simple user interface.
- Searching based on regular expression matching.
- Tag editing, including cross-format changes and mass editing.
- Many supported tags, like "conductor", "performer", and "discnumber".
- Shuffle, repeat, multimedia keys, Unicode, a tray icon, album cover
display, and other features found in most modern media players.
Quod Libet is written in Python and uses PyGTK+.
I've been maintaining packages for this outside of the Debian archive
since its inception; the next release (coming sometime within the next
week, I hope) is the first I feel comfortable putting in the archive.
The package will be split up into an arch: all and an arch: any
prior to the upload, since the arch-dep part is only about 50k.