Re: dselect survey

On 10-Dec-04, 17:02 (CST), Florent Rougon <f.rougon@free.fr> wrote:
> Bernd Eckenfels <lists@lina.inka.de> wrote:
>
> > No, it is because the shortcuts are completely non-intuitive. I use
> > aptitude for  the good intuitive keymapping, not for its menu.
>
> I see. You find them utterly unintuitive, and are not alone. I don't
> claim they are really "intuitive" (for what it means...),

"non-intuitive" == "almost, but not quite, completely unlike any other
curses-type interface available at the time."

Which is not to say it wasn't learnable, and I used it from initial
release: It was way better than having to download stuff by hand. But I
sure wouldn't recommend it to a new user.

Which, of course, isn't to say that it should be removed. I was
surprised by how many people still use it; I hope some one will pick it
up.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland