Re: Linux Core Consortium

Hi,

>  * We should commit to strict release cylces of a base system others
>    (and Debian itself) can build value upon.
>
>  * We should proabably also commit to a set of core architectures which
>    *need* to be bug-free on release, while the rest *should* be, but
>    would not delay the release.

I don't think that buys us anything. I don't think there is a single
architecture which has blocked the release up to now. All bugs that
appeared by testing on different architectures, were real bugs in the
code. They just didn't show up by only testing on a few architectures.
In short, releases are not faster and would probably contain more bugs.

Cheers,

Peter (p2).