Re: Processed: Fixed in NMU of tetex-base 2.0.2c-2.1

Martin Zobel-Helas <mhelas@helas.net> schrieb:

> Hi Frank,
>
>> Please calm down. Sure, it isn't usual to upload such a quick NMU, but
>> (as Goswin already pointed out) such a bug that makes a package
>> uninstallable that is a common build-depends can really hurt the
>> autobuilders. You're free to discuss with lamont how to handle such
>> cases in the future (and communicating him your anger) but please
>> don't overreact.
>>

> Whats about uploading such packages to experimental more often. As i am
> being told on IRC, experimental is autobuilded on most architectures
> now.

What do you mean? Do you think the buggy package should have been
uploaded to experimental? Believe me, we didn't plan the bug. Uploading
the NMU to experimental wouldn't have helped anybody, either: The
buildd's would still have been broken, and the NMU would still have been
unannounced and without a patch in the BTS (the patch was received by
the first mailhost 6 hours after the date in the changelog...)

Grüße, Frank

--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich