Re: LCC and blobs

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> As for distributing the blobs itself they can be relicensed under
> BSD license or similar (if their aren't already) that doesn't have
> such a problem with a char data[] = { 0x17, ... } source file,
> something without the prefered source form clause. Even putting some
> in non-free works fine.

They'd pretty much have to go into non-free, as I'd imagine most of
them wouldn't be able to satisfy DFSG 2 if they were unable to satisfy
the GPL's source code requirement.

Don Armstrong

--
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I
realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked